Tag Archives: Richmond News Leader

Jake Wells: ‘Father of Richmond Movie Houses’

There are records of an exhibition of “moving pictures” having been presented at The Academy (the Mozart Academy of Music) at 103-05 N. Eighth Street in 1897. Built in 1886, that venue was generally considered to be Richmond’s most important … Continue reading

Posted in History, Local | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment